13 Apr 2011

Mahesh Babu adviced me and I am following it religiously...

It looks like the year 2011 is going to be very busy for you, with both films and endorsements that you are being flooded with…

Gautham Menon bags the entire credit for giving me a dream start in Telugu cinema industry. Right now I can say that I have got four movies in my kitty. There is ‘Dookudu’ with Mahesh Babu, Gautham Menon’s ‘Erra Gulabilu’, Rajamouli’s ‘Eega’ and Vinayak’s movie. But I would not want to talk about movies that are not yet finalized, as I am a bit superstitious. Coming to endorsements, it is awesome to be flooded with offers of inaugurations. Perhaps people think that I am lucky for them. I consider it an honour or whenever someone invites me for inaugurations.

How was it working with Prince Mahesh Babu?

Perhaps it is the most asked question for me. Everybody is asking me this question. I think Mahesh is extremely chilled out. After the super success of “Ye Maya Chesave” I had no idea as what to do next, I was in pressure and constantly worrying. And Mahesh Babu suggested me, “Do what the director wants, treat every movie as if it’s your first.” I have been following this advice religiously.

You are part of S.S.Rajamouli’s movie…

I am undoubtedly excited to be doing ‘Eega’. When Rajamouli sir offered me the role in the movie, I knew I need not have to look at script. I am really happy to be a part of the movie. I needed to do a film like that very badly.

Are you looking forward for art films too?

I would love to do any genre as long as I don’t get stereotyped. May be my physical attribute doesn’t let me to do action sequences as Angelina Jolie does in “Tomb Raider” but I would love to try new roles. I have entered movies instinctively, but now I love it.

What is the secret behind your seraphic look?

I do not think I am beautiful. I guess it is all about the roles I do and the sincerity with which I do my work. I think that is what makes people accept me.

What are your resolutions for 2011?

Hmmm to work hard and do the most that I can, especially work in some nice movies. I am a disciplined person and I almost behave like a grandmother. If I had to add more to my resolutions I would become more disciplined and more grandmotherly.

No comments: